Tuesday, November 17, 2009

You're not the boss of me.


In a somewhat misguided effort at obtaining a rudimentary level of self-mastery, I have been working to overcome a few of my fears/limitations/habits.

I am proud to say that the following is the ever-growing "List of things that aren't the boss of Kristen Radford."

1. Car washes
2. Wetsuits
3. iPhone keypads
4. Pants
5. Freeways
6. Pie crusts
7. Yeast breads
8. First dates
9. Social graces
10. Stop signs
11. Coin machines
12. Airport security
13. Elementary multiplication
14. Mondays
15. Basic office hours
16. Logic
17. Reason
18. Hunger
19. 8-pound dumbbells
20. Thanksgiving
21. Swine flu
22. Basic nutrition


Unfortunately, I feel it only fair to also include the list of ever-dwindling "Things that are STILL the boss of Kristen Radford."

1. The gym
2. Her nephews
3. American Express
4. Edward Cullen
5. Frozen yogurt
6. Costco
7. Ambien
8. Spiders
9. Thank-you cards
10. The Pacific Ocean
11. Gossip Girl
12. The regular flu
13. 15-pound dumbbells
14. Vending machines
15. Parking garages
16. iPhone screens

Here's to progress, people.

xoxo

3 comments:

libbie said...

uhhhh . . . you forgot to add me to the list of things that are STILL the boss of you? Duh!

Womack Family said...

is that real sweat? you go kristen!!

Dani said...

Oh my gosh...so many things are still the boss of me. Like the 4 (or was it 5?) sugar cookies that I just ate for absolutely no reason other than that they were shaped like Christmas trees and so delicious. Mmm.