Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Love is in the (70 degree) air

Ah, mid-February. A time to bask in and savor the sweet, sweet romance around us. It is because of this very special time that I'd like to talk about my deep, passionate, and committed relationship. . .

with California.

That's right, folks, the golden state and I are celebrating a golden anniversary (minus 49 years) this month. And I'm pleased to report that we're still going strong.

I've been wined, dined, and cleverly seduced by one Mr. Saint Diego. Is it the sunshine? Is it the surf? Is it the shopping? Is it the fro-yo that pinch-hits as my daily supper?

Yes.

And maybe perhaps that this is the view from my back deck:


Or that this is how I get to spend my free time (and, let's be serious, some of my work time):


Or that California brought me this handsome boy:


Happy One Year, Cal. Here's to another.

And no, I still won't go blonde for you.

2 comments:

libbie said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your beloved Cali. I am hoping to get myself down there sometime to see you and your non-blonde (thank you very much) self!

Dani said...

Thank you for not going blonde. You are such a chic-looking brunette. Stay classy, San Diego...ya know.