Friday, October 9, 2009

Dear Nobel Prize Committee,


I know it's a little late for nominations, but prior to today I didn't fully understand the requirements for qualifying for the Peace Prize.

You see, I thought it was hard.

However, upon further inspection (i.e. this morning's award), I'd like to throw my own hat in the ring and say:

I deserve the Nobel Peace Prize.

What makes me worthy of this honor, you ask?

  • Three days ago I gave a box of Special K to a homeless man on El Camino Real
  • I recently bought a hoodie with the words "Peace and Love" scripted on the back.
  • I'm a lover of all mankind. But mostly men - kind.
  • I like peace.
  • I deliver peace in the form of baked goods on a frequent basis.
  • I allow other cars to merge in front of me on the 5 (and try really hard not to merge INTO them).
  • I apologized for all my at-fault car accidents.
  • I've dated a few people that would qualify me for sainthood.
  • I'm willing to be Brandon Flower's publicist/manager/wife/mother of future children, PRO-BONO.
  • I totally bought a pair of TOMS shoes.
  • I stay out of the way of good surfers.
I think the choice here is fairly obvious.

9 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

You definitely should have been awarded the Nobel Prize! I'm willing to write a letter of complaint to the committee.

McKay Womack said...

That was perfect! Thanks for the laugh.

My Three Sons said...

You have my vote :)

Tara said...

this post has brought me back from my "no-commenting" stint.....

love this post

love you

you would have been a better choice for the award

Steve Radford said...

will you please update your blog already? (I know I'm one to talk :)

Steve Radford said...

What the heck am I signed in under? Wierd...Nicole

Amberly said...

I am Tara's older sister. She told me to come read this post which did not disappoint. You are one funny chica, thanks for the laugh. And if I had a vote I would surely give it to you.

preston said...

I think I may deserve it more. For example, the other day I gave a homeless guy ten bucks so that he could get what he really wanted: alcohol. Plus, I ride bikes instead of drive cars so I'm saving the world one day at a time.

If that's not enough, consider that my paramount goal in life is to put an end to our right left cultural war. I achieve this by convincing one republican at a time to either move to Canada or stop being a whiny anti-government redneck liberal.

How's that for irony?

Dani said...

Um, do people understand the significance of your first reason. That was like giving out gold for you...granted, you can work your way through three boxes of gold in a week's time... :)