Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Killer Romance

Dear Brandon,

Like the deepest romances of history, ours was fleeting. When we met, it was like the universe had thrown us together. You were Mormon; I was Mormon. We both had ties to Utah. We both had the same cynical, edgy rockstar thing going for us.

When we met, you were truly happy:
And so was I.


We had so much in common. You even started loving Christmas just for me.


When you got really, really into eyeliner,



I was right there with you.



But I had my friends,


And you had yours.
And well, we grew apart.


I got angry.


And you went insane.

You begged me not to leave.

And though it broke my heart, I had to say goodbye.


And even now, you think of me every time you sing.
Or so somebody told me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(insert winking emoticon here)

libbie said...

Why are you so hilarious?

Leslie said...

The tragedy of it all is almost too much to bear, I know. I'm here for you...if you need me :)

My Three Sons said...

I'm sorry it had to happen this way, but he and I were MFEO and I may or may not have accidentely stolen him away from you. (Incidently, I think even Vern has developed a slight crush on Brandon :) TEASIN!!-you know where to insert the correct voice inflections!) Anyway...as usual your mirth has highlighted my day...and thanks for delighting my eyes with the many photos of our dearest rock star!