Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Long and SHORT of it

Glossy photos on classic Vogues and visions of Audrey Hepburn and Edie Sedgwick have been dancing through my head for a good four months.

There's something to be said for the woman who can rock a short hair cut and keep all her elegance and panache completely in tact.

I once thought that I could join these ranks.



So, I made the appointment, knowing that my hairdresser would be booked out a good two months and I'd have adequate time to prepare myself.

Audrey, Edie, I tried. Oh, I tried.

This, it turns out, was the end result:



Upon severing all ties with a good six inches of hair, I spent the next 48 hours in intermittent tears after deciding I strongly resembled a boy. I considered purchasing large, flashy earrings by the gross or emblazening my t-shirts with the words, "XX Chromosomal Makeup."

In the end, my friends had much, much better things to say. The following are a few of my favs:
  • "Didn't I see you on the Breakfast Club?"
  • "I'm sorry. You were just a LOT prettier yesterday."
  • "Little boy, have you seen Kristen?"
  • "Having short hair will show you which boys really like you for who you are."
  • "No really, you could be on ANY 80's teen movie."
  • "We're really hoping you'll beat the luekemia."
  • "You're just self-conscious because guys tend to go for really feminine girls."
  • "Oh. I thought you meant HOT short like Victoria Beckam?"

Audrey, Edie, throw me a few words of encouragement.

10 comments:

Kleifgen said...

I have to confess that I have no idea who Edie Sedgwick is (I'll wikipedia her later), but Audrey has nothing on you. And you've got much better eyebrows

Anonymous said...

You've already expressed your distaste for the haircut, so saying that I think you're remarkably attractive (hence, my remarks) would probably carry little weight.

Megan said...

I like it . . . lots. You do not look like a little boy, nor do you look masculine. If anything it just shows off your great bone structure! I'm excited to see it in person.

Unknown said...

for the record none of those comments were mine... but you're hair is really cute! Just don't wear any beanies for a little...

bdmalouf said...

i absolutly love the hair. i am on the short hairs side. YOU ARE FABULOUS!! i am so glad that i have such pretty friends. . .

BT said...

its cute

MishMyBelle said...

A. You look beautiful
B. You have the face shape for a short cut.
C. I am a fan. I cut my hair short a while ago, and had the same thoughts of looking like a boy. But honestly, I think you look great!

libbie said...

Oh Puhlease . . . you look absolutely gorgeous with that do. I could never pull that one off with my uneven face. Hot, Hot Lady!

Dani said...

Kris, why didn't you post a picture of yourself? All I saw was a picture of Preston...heh, heh, heh. You're an idiot. You look absolutely gorgeous. Much better than Edie and Audrey put together.

Kimber & Jeremy! said...

Your hair looks awesome, and I can't believe you know Danielle--we LOVE Danielle!!!!