Thursday, October 11, 2007

.... and this was our twenties

In a blatant, methodical plan to ensure I survived the wreckage and delusion that is turning 25, my dear friends threw a party in my honor.

It was perhaps the first thing in my life I have ever done on-- er, in-- my honor.

It was elegant. It oozed with charm. It was the talk of Provo for days -- or at least the south side (most south-side conversations are restricted to that of methamphetamines.).

Behold, dear readers, the decadence which was my coming-of-age.




(Hail to Bethany Malouf and Rachelle Anderson for their creative genius)



The menu, which tasted even better than it looked



The Birthday Girl: all smiles, clearly sedated


Deeply honored guests



Somewhat honored guests


People who attended

The brilliant hostess herself, with the honored


Beauty in the details


The foreboding Chef



I suppose I'll stick around for 26.

6 comments:

oof said...

Wonderful friends. Are they available to rent?

Kleifgen said...

My first brush with celebrity!!

For those interested, I'll be signing autographs at Dunkin' Donuts tomorrow.


PS-Why is Bethany so damned photogenic?!?

My Three Sons said...

It was as beautiful as you said! Bethany...thank you for taking care of my beautiful sister! My complements to the chef...my birthday is next month, hint hint. :)

MishMyBelle said...

Wow! What a party. I hope you had a happy birthday kristen! I can't believe how nice everything looked. Nice work girls!

bdmalouf said...

yeah! lots of fun. In january I believe your roommate is having a birthday.... lets see how we do a winterwonderland party. perhaps one a season. . .

come one john, you know you are dying to play around with us again....

bdmalouf said...

by the by john, i look just awful in pictures, but bless you for pretending otherwise