Friday, August 28, 2009

John Steinbeck and I have something in common.



A love of the written word? A knack for description? A deep, creeping cynicism?

Wrong.

The answer, of course, was California tragedy.

I know what you're thinking; What could go wrong in a state that houses both Micky Mouse and Shamu the whale? Where winter never arrives and body imperfections are quashed using only a scalpel and your rich boyfriend's bank account?

Well, aside from gross budget deficits, convicts running free on the streets and the threat sheer economic chaos, I can think of only one thing -

My Life.

What could have happened in a 24-hour period that would make me feel this way, you ask? Well, dear readers, I'll have you guess:

A - I got dumped
B - I got evicted
C - I broke the heel of my shoe
D - All of the above

CONGRATULATIONS! If you answered "D" to the above, you've won an all-expense-paid trip to my pity party.

It starts now. And lasts until noon, at which point this pathetic mess of a girl will be surfing, tanning, and once again realizing that nothing REALLY bad ever happens in California.

xoxo

3 comments:

libbie said...

Well Shoot! Just come on up to WA and we will treat you like the queen that you are :) Chin up. You're a babe. He didn't deserve you anyway.

brock-for real!!! said...

suckage.
for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
and if it makes you feel better I had my literary literacy determined by a placement exam that used an article featured in Oprah's Magazine which was about relationships.
Yes this was a college placement exam.

Nicole said...

For real? If you had just kept your illicit drug habits under control, you wouldn't have been evicted. I thought I laid that out to you before you fled... um... I mean... left Utah.

No seriously though. What happened?