Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks

In the excitement of the impending holiday week, I thought I would christen my November blog with a list of things I'm thankful for.

Originality, thy name is Kristen.

I am grateful that . . .

1. I live within a two-mile radius of Nordstrom Rack.
2. I have a nephew that I'm pretty sure is a Martian.
3. If I wear enough blush and style my hair just right in the morning, I can pass for not-a-boy.
4. Using only wide-leg jeans and 5-inch heels, I can create the illusion that my legs are impossibly long.
5. My sister's friends make me feel like I'm cool.
6. I have access to twins that never had to live in my uterus.
7. Pandora has an iPhone application.
8. Conor Oberst made a solo album this year.
9. No one was killed in my two at-fault accidents this year.
10. My insurance company was polite about our breakup due to #9.
11. The person hit in my second at-fault accident has finally stopped asking me out.
12. Cyber-stalker Kurt has not acquired my address or telephone number.
13. I somehow managed to get 3 free plane tickets to San Francisco last summer.
14. My friends are all wildly-attractive.
15. Costco is a very real and present part of my life.
16. My mother didn't disown me after I spiked her Diet Coke with Xanax.
17. The Japanese let us know that not cooking fish was even better than cooking it.
18. My siblings haven't told my parents I voted for Barack Obama.
19. Someone discovered cauliflower puree to replace mashed potatoes.
20. I have no friends with tricked-out civics.
21. A failing world-economy has given me lower gas prices.
22. I am never without a coupon for something free at Bath and Body Works.
23. My mom is a mom, not a BFF.
24. I got a fragment of my father's wit.
25. My brothers are the most handsome boys I know.
26. I have not yet been murdered by anyone I've dated.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!!

6 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Well, I guess your secret is out and we (by we I mean you, Preston and Mom) will have a heated ( and by heated I mean a throw down all out brawl) next week over politics. Maybe we should invest in two or three muzzles. Just a thought.

On another note, I, too, am grateful that you live within 2 miles of Nordstrom Rack as I have been the beneficiary of many of your shopping trips.

And, yes, Chase just may be at least partial martian (that comes through Vern's side).

libbie said...

Oh so many things to be grateful for! You should add to your list that I still like you, even though you voted for the BO. But did your vote really count? Because you do live in Utah. Hee Hee. Just a thought!

BTW, loved your comment to my not so "anonymous" commenter. Seriously, does she think we really don't know who she is? So funny! You're the best!

libbie said...

BTW again . . .. quit getting in wrecks why don't you. Its not good for you!

Mimi said...

I'm greatful that the "undecideds" are generally THINKING people and eventually convert to conservatism (vote republican)! ie: the Dennis Millers of the world.. and OH SOOO HOT!! UMM HMMMM! So I'll get over this.. and remind myself that you'll come around.. :)

Dani said...

I love you so much.

The Bloxham Bunch said...

I love your list, do you mind if I copy, paste, and change a few names onto mine so it looks legit. I love you lady....your blogs cracks me up and makes my day. Have a good Thanksgiving, tell Nicole I miss her